REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
- 192 просм.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Central Asia Regional Links Project (CARs-3)
Project ID No.: P159220
Consulting Services for the Development and Pilot Application of Tourism Satellite Account (TSA) for the Issyk-Kul Oblast
Reference No.: CARS3/CS/QCBS/06
- The Kyrgyz Republic received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Third Phase of the Central Asia Regional Links Program (CARs-3) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The Component 3 “Sustainable Tourism Development in Issyk-Kul oblast” envisages the development and Pilot Application of Tourism Satellite Account (TSA) system for the Issyk-Kul oblast using the UNWTO methodology.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Assessment of Current Situation: Tourism Development in Issyk-Kul oblast and Identification of Administrative and Official Statistical Data
- Preparation of Methodology to Develop Tourism Satellite Accounts (TSA) for Issyk-Kul oblast
- Listing of entities involved in tourism activities
- Development of tools to collect information from the demand side and from the supply side of tourism services
- Sampling design for surveys
- Training on information collection
- Conduct surveys to collect information
- Data Collection and Processing
- Preparation of TSA Spreadsheets Templates
- Preparation of Final Report on Development and Introduction of TSA in Issyk-Kul oblast
For detailed information on the scope of services, the draft TOR for the assignment is available upon request. Subject to adjustments before issuance of the Request for Proposals (RFP).
The Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the Services. The interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (company profile, organization and staffing etc.). The shortlisting criteria are:
- At least 5 years of experience in tourism surveys;
- At least 3 similar assignments of similar nature in international organizations/projects, funded by international organizations
- Previous working experience in CIS; work experience in Central Asia/Kyrgyz Republic is an advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 1.9 and 1.11 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications (type of association shall be clearly indicated in the proposal). The Consultants may submit their Expressions of Interest as individual firms or associate in the form of joint venture or sub-consultant. All the members of the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire assignment. However, the qualification of the sub-consultant will not be evaluated when forming the shortlist.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09-00 to 17-00 hours from Monday until Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by September 29, 2021, 5 p.m..
World Bank Investment Projects Implementation Group (WB IPIG)
Attn: Mr. N. Kayinbaev, Deputy Minister of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic
42 Isanov Street, Bishkek
720017, Kyrgyz Republic
Tel: +996 312 314275 Fax: +996 312 314275